Tuesday, August 30, 2011

If we love one another...

Wow! I didn't know that the next time I would post would be so far away from the last time! So a lot has happened since then, such as coming back to Austin and the semester starting! But what I wanted to share is a new appreciation I have found for loving others.

While going over the material for the Bible Study I'm attending this semester over Colossians, we came across the topic of loving one another. It mentioned that from the time we first believe and receive the Lord, we spontaneously have love for one another and that this love is not our natural love, but the love coming out of our faith in the Lord.

So when we are living Christ today by faith, we are able to love others whom we may have never had the natural ability to love. This really impressed me because I've had my fair share of experiences of not being able to love others out of my natural ability. But, when I've turned to the Lord, and asked Him to be my source of love, somehow He was able to work in me.

A verse that I really like related to this is 1 John 4:12 "... if we love one another, God abides in us, and His love is perfected in us."

1 comment:

  1. Your blog posts are very encouraging, Danielle. Can't wait to read more of your posts soon. :)

    ReplyDelete