Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Home Sweet Home

     I finally flew home yesterday for the first time this summer for a quick visit before classes start in the fall. And I have to admit, it is so good to be home! I never realized how much I miss my home and family here until I left for college and came back for the first time. I remember being overwhelmed by the fully stocked refrigerator and pantry, the openly available washer and dryer, my much missed soft bed, and the many other things that I used to take for granted merely because I never knew what it was like to be without them. But after living on my own and away from my family for a while, I began to see what it was like to live as a college student, shopping for my own groceries and doing my own laundry at a laundry mat. So when I go home now, I appreciate being there so much more! And I feel like my time with my family is more special and sweet. :) I guess distance really does make the heart grow fonder.

ahhh home... where there's actually snow :)


     Well, I am very excited to be home and am looking forward to my visit here. It will be a nice way to relax and rest before the beginning of the fall semester. So far, I plan to visit some family up in Connecticut for a few days, and maybe take a day trip to the beach when we come back. But I am mostly looking forward to spending time with the family and friends I have not seen in a while. Until next time. :)

4 comments:

  1. aww... home is ALWAYS good! Somehow our parents stocked the fridge all the time, food was available for us to eat, and even the laundry... not to mention that the house is being maintained clean somehow... Praise the Lord for the parents, and even for the homes in the church life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i miss home too!! that's so sweet, sounds like you had fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. home IS the best! :) and yes! I am SOOOO thankful to all of the parents I've found away from home in the church life that have opened their homes and their hearts to me over the semesters :)

    ReplyDelete